The new corona virus commonly referred to as Covid19 has halted the entire world to a standstill. It is spreading like fire even after multiple attempts of extreme lockdown, contact tracing, and ramped up testing all over the world. While people are waiting for the cure or a vaccine to put an end to this pandemic, scientists and doctors all over the world are still learning about this new virus.
The virus is so new that our bodies have no previous memory of creating an immune response to it and thus it travels freely in the bloodstream causing non-respiratory infections. Using sanitizers, wearing masks, and maintaining a good distance to everybody you interact with are some possible steps you can take to curb the spread.
Face masks holds importance for general people like you and me like never before. If you are looking to order safety face masks, visit Custom Earth Promos, Florida. They supply eco-friendly products and face masks with 3 to 5 layered protection against the virus.
Uncommon symptoms of Covid-19
While most governments stress on the important of checking fever above 100 degrees, dry cough, and a mild or severe difficulty in breathing. There are many symptoms of corona virus that are yet unknown or experienced by only a few infected people. Sore throat and muscle aches have also been added to the list of commonly experienced symptoms.
People presenting atypical symptoms can still spread the virus to their contacts and not even know it. Furthermore, corona virus can also cause blood to clot, which can then dislodge and affects organs like brain and heart, and eventually result in a stroke or heart attack.
While a proportion of the infected population might not develop any symptoms whatsoever, some may develop completely unrelated ones. Some of the symptoms that experts are still evaluating and adding to the list could be easily missed by the general population and include:
- Sensory changes such as loss of taste and smell could be a warning sign.
- Headache and dizziness.
- Red skin rashes, hives, or itchy fluid-filled blisters on the skin.
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhea, and other gastro-intestinal complaints.
- New confusion, delirium, neurological or muscular weakness, and altered mental weakness are warning signs and need medical attention.
- Blood clots in the lungs can present as pulmonary embolism which can be life threatening.
- Minor skin bluish-black pigmentation can be caused due to blood clots formed in small vessels of the extremities.
- Chest pain, palpitations, abnormal heart rhythms can be a sign of myocarditis caused by corona virus infecting the heart cells and may lead to heart failure.
- Happy hypoxia caused by dangerously low levels of oxygen in otherwise conscious, alert, and asymptomatic people.
Though respiratory symptoms yet tend to affect most of the people infected with the virus, the virus can affect other organs and present unrelated symptoms that can easily be missed. So, if you suspect, you or your loved one has contracted the virus self-isolate, and get yourself tested. Early diagnosis is always a key to better recovery.